As the financial year heads off into the sunset, we’ve barely caught our breath before performance reviews must be pumped out, and we launch our strategic plans for 2015/16.
So it’s time for a breather – this newsletter is all about YOU. Let’s stop and think about how you’ve performed over the last 12 months, and take a moment to ponder about what’s next for you.
GIVE WAY: Take stock and capitalise on your learnings for the last 12 months. Reinforce the 1-2 areas that require rushing up so that you are in a stronger position in 12 months time to take that next step. Action: Let’s get you a mentor and further training possibilities to ensure that you round-out your skill set and can jump at promotion opportunities.
STOP: It’s time to think about a change. You’ve been a Generalist for 8+ years now and it’s time to re-assess your expertise, interests and skills. Action: Let’s catch up and discuss this, is it time to specialise, what fields, what do you need to do to get there?
DO NOT ENTER: You’re at the cross roads. Are you coming back from maternity leave, a career break, or unsure if HR is still the path for you? Unsure about how to manage home, work, family, leisure pursuits and that happiness bubble Action: Coffee time. Let’s assess and determine where you’re at and what is going to work for you as you carry on with professionalism and dignity.
Let’s look at what’s ahead in both your private and professional life. What are your pain points? What career signposts are you facing as you head into the next financial year? Action: Let’s get you a mentor and further training possibilities to ensure that you round-out your skill set and can jump at promotion opportunities.
We’ve put together some soul-searching questions so you can contemplate where you’re heading.
- If you’re managing apart-time workforce, how do you achieve successful flexibility that works on a commercial level?
- How do youmanage those unproductive long-term employees onto “greener pastures”?
- When competing with your competitors, what can set you apartin the race for talent?
- Areyou at the forefront of new systems and innovations on people initiatives? Are you building strong, empowering relationships with your managers?
- Are you an effective leader? What does your team really think about you? Are you developing them to a high standard?
At a more personal level:
- Should you specialise?
- How relevant will the HR Generalist be in 5 years time?
- Is change management an area you should be heading into?
- Are you ready to step up the corporate ladder and take a senior leadership role? If so, how?
- Would you like to take a career break or return to work after an absence? How do you manage your expectations and discuss these with your employer?
We understand what you’re going through and we’re here to help. There’s nothing like solid, professional and confidential advice to keep you on top of what’s happening in the market – so you’re informed, successful, capable, and can continue to provide a strong business acumen to your managers.
“When we love what we do it holds greater meaning for us. We care more. If you don’t love what you do, change it. You owe it to yourself to love your work.” Gail Kelly @ Westpac’s Ruby Connection: 2012
Let’s make sure you keep loving what you do for the next 12 months!
Inspired People Solutions is a team of dedicated HR professionals who care for our clients’ businesses and our candidates’ personal career objectives. We provide solid, well-rounded, honest and confidential business and career solutions to help you achieve your goals. Please check out what our valued clients and candidates have to say about us:
So, let’s catch up for coffee and discuss YOU, as you head into 2015/16 financial year with renewed vigour, enthusiasm and confidence. YOU are worth the investment of a cuppa and a 60 minute chat!
We look forward to seeing you soon!
The Team @ Inspired People Solutions